Occupational Safety & Health
Arbor Guy is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for all employees, clients and the public. Arbor Guy’s management understand their legislative responsibilities and, furthermore, are committed to establishing and maintaining an environment in which all employees work together to continually improve occupational safety and health in the workplace.
We take a proactive approach to safety and incorporate safe work practices into all areas of the organisation. We constantly monitor our health and safety performance to continually improve our work methods, systems and equipment. Structured training and support ensures all of our employees can identify and control hazards associated with the industry. We aim to achieve an accident and injury free workplace.
Our OSH Management System has been developed using set of plans, procedures and policies. These have been implemented and adhered throughout the company’s structure to manage Occupational Health and Safety at all levels.
Our Policy Objectives include:
- To achieve an accident free workplace
- To ensure safety and health is an integral part of every managerial and supervisory position
- To ensure safety and health is considered in all planning and work activities
- To involve our employees in the decision making process through regular communication, consultation and training
- To provide continual program of education and learning to ensure that out employees work in the safest possible manner
- To identify and control all potential hazards on the work-site through hazard identification and risk analysis
- To ensure all potential accident/incidents are controlled and prevented
- To provide effective injury management and rehabilitation for all employees
All of our business operations are conducted with minimal impact on the environment. Given the nature of our industry, environmental concerns are an integral part of planning works. Compliance with industry standards and legislation is continually researched to ensure each project is left with its environmental integrity intact. This extends to recycling and re-using waste wherever possible.
See how you can reuse by-products of removed trees or limbs on our “mulch” page.
The objectives of our Environmental Protection Policy are as follows:
- To make environmental concerns an integral part of our planning and decision making
- To educate employees on ways to reduce our impact on the environment and involve them in decision making
- To set a high standard to other companies through leading by example
- To conserve natural resources wherever possible, recycle and reuse
- To involve the applicable third parties to assist in the handling of protected flora and fauna
- To conduct regular audits and self-assessments to measure the progress of our environmental impact